Pages

May 10, 2015

Happy Mothers Day Mom

In many ways I owe it all to her. My Mom grew up working the family farm in south eastern Colorado with her 3 siblings. Over 1000 acres between them and my grandfather, 7 days a week 365 days a year they worked hard and played hard. She became and art & pe teacher, a coach, a wife, a mother and an amazing home maker. No one I know worked as hard as she did. She never took a day off and she didn't blink an eye when challenge presented itself. She instilled in me the value of hard work and dedication. She pushed me to always be better in life and everything I chose to do. In 1996 I was a few years out of high school and a bit lost. It was March, I found myself out of work and spent the better part of the month watching every game of the NCAA tournament from the couch at my parents house. She was not thrilled to say the least. One morning she pickled up the Reno paper and went throughout the classified adds in attempt to get me off that couch. When she spotted a seasonal grounds maintenance position at Northgate Golf Club she insisted I call and apply. I did, I got the job and the rest is history. Without her love, support and constant pushing for me to be my best, I would not be where I am today, and I'm in a pretty good place.    
                                 
Thank you Mom for never giving up on me and for pushing me all those years. I couldn't have done it with out you!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful women in my life. Jill, Kristen, Mom, Grandma Karen, you all mean the world to me. Thank You!




No comments:

Post a Comment