March 16, 2011

Greens Aeration Update

As per our spring aeration schedule, we went ahead with greens aeration on holes 1 through 9 on Monday.  Despite the forecast for dry weather, we received over .5" of rain throughout the day and were unable to topdress with sand following core aeration.  As we sit now, the forecast is calling for showers and/or rain for nine of the next ten days making it impossible to properly apply sand to the greens and obtain the desired results.  We have made the decision to postpone the aeration until the forecast changes to more of a dry weather pattern.

As you all know, spring weather in the Bay Area can be unpredictable at best.  What is important to the over-all health of the turf is that we pick the right time to perform this important cultural practice.  We in the turf department thank you for your understanding with this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment